I bid apology for any mistakes you found here, as I had to write this article in a hurry. Please feel free to comment or contact us regarding clarifications, suggestions & complaints.. etc.
Well, Google a well known top-rated multinational corp, is a group who always focus on its users. Since then the start from their search engine & now they own an anonymous number of products such YouTube, Android, Blogger… etc. And almost half of them are benefiting users with no cost (approx 70% – 85% free for users). I should say, that I’m a die-hard fan of Google as it serves me in many ways. I also believe that it serves you the same.
Today, I’m going to write about an application which was there from a long time but most us never known nor used it. Well, It;s My Tracks which were officially released by google itself. To be honest, I did not know about this app until my buddy Arvind (a newbie android developer from India) shows it to me. This application is nothing fancy, but it does wonders.
My Tracks, is an android application which records your GPS tracks and shows live statistics such as time, speed, distance, and elevation – while hiking, cycling, running or participating in other outdoor activities. With My Tracks, you can review all of this data live, or you can save it for use later. While you’re out, you can mark relevant waypoints, and can ask to hear automatic voice announcements about your progress.
Features (as listed in Google My Tracks)
- Track – View your real-time location and where you’ve been on Google Maps for Mobile.
- Share –Share your tracks with friends via Google+, Gmail, Facebook and Twitter.
- Get Healthy – Record your heart rate and bike cadence to know exactly how you’re doing.
- Make your territory – Want to remember that secret vista or running path? Mark it with a waypoint.
- Export – Tracks and stats to Google Maps, Google Docs and Google Fusion Tables to.
Video Log (by Google)
Download & experience it, in order gain real entertainment with this application.